Evelyn lives in Clayton, North Carolina
The four sets of images below employ the soot stamping
Images used: MY-011-D, Shy Little Dragon, $3.00; CH-193-I, Casement Window, $4.25
Image used: CH-023-I, Cracked Up, $4.25. Source of other images unknown.
Evelyn created these beautiful ATCs using the Polished Stone Technique:
"I did a version of the polished stone background on the stampboard (Stampscapes
product) by scribbling colored sharpie pens in (Blue Waters - turquoise and
purple) or (Green Waters - Lime & Turquoise) on the shiny side of an unwanted
CD. Then I used 91% alcohol spritzed on a felt pad which I ran through the
sharpie scribbled on the CD, and transferred it to the stampboard which was also
spritzed with the rubbing alcohol. I did this repeatedly until I achieved
the background effect I liked. Next I stamped the waterfall with black dye
ink and let that dry. Once dry I used Speedball scratch knife scratch the
surface of the board in various location which allows the white under layer to
show through and give the effect of white highlights."
Only one stamp was used in all of the above cards:
"I used a few drops of coordinating alcohol inks on a felt pad and then spritzed my glossy white cardstock ATC's with 91% alcohol. I then daubed the inked pad to the cardstock and kept applying ink and spritzing alcohol until I achieved a desired background. Next I stamped the waterfall image with black ink over the background. The polished stone technique yields a unique background every time you do it, no two are identical."
Above images are from a decorative double
slide mailer with a removable Artist Trading Card.
I was inspired to create this card upon after reading various legends about the mythical Griffin. I felt this would make an unusual Easter card and I would include the following information about the griffin inside the card:
The Glorious Griffin
In ancient times the dual nature of the griffin led it
to be associated with Christ as king of heaven and earth;
The griffin also symbolized the strength and wisdom of
Then during the Middle Ages, griffins were used symbols of Christ's resurrection.
· I started by creating a polished stone effect background on a piece of glossy white cardstock. This wash achieved by dotting gold leafing pen a few times on the glossy cardstock, misting the entire surface with 91% rubbing alcohol and applying teal, green and plum alcohol ink with the aid of a small felt applicator.
· Then, I stamped the background image with black Brilliance ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.
· I trimmed the panel, matted it with metallic teal cardstock and attached it to a black card.
· Next, I stamped the griffin image with VersaMark ink onto a piece of color laser transparency, added black embossing powder and heat set the image. (Laser transparencies can take the heat of embossing unlike most other types of transparencies. )
· I colored the reverse side of the transparency with yellow, patina and platinum glitter glues by stickles and sprinkled a layer of loose ultra fine iridescent glitter over the still wet glitter glued surface to make sure the image had full glitter coverage.
· After the glue dried overnight, the image was carefully trimmed close to the stamped lines and attached to the lower corner of the card with Pop Dots.
· A computer generated text panel would be included inside the card giving the legend of the Griffin.
Images used: CH-565-H, Egyptian Cat Fairy, $4.00;
ES-071-B, Deer Glyph, $2.50; DV-018-C, Knotwork Fish, $2.75.
Images used: FT-017-I, Enchantress, $4.25.
Images used: FT-023-J,Queen Maeve, $4.50; SW-001-H, Lonely George, $4.00; AP-121-CC, Droplets, $1.50; ES-042-D, North Wind, $3.00.
Image used: FT-034-J, Xaviera, $4.50.
Images used: FT-010-F, Kate, $3.50; CH-472-C, Stone Riser,
Images used on domino bracelet: FT-073M-A, Mini Zivan, $2.25; FT-017M-A,
$2.25 Mini Enchantress. Bracelet created using medium size dominos,
pendant is a regular size domino.
Images used for this pendant: FT-311-J, Sultan, $4.50; FT-010-F, Kate, $3.50; FT-017-I, Enchantress, $4.25; FT-081-H, Althea, $4.00; FT-010-F, North Wind, $3.00. (Created with Rummikub game tiles.)